I’m writing this post for my dear hubby, Haus, who never asks this question, because he’s awesome, but I’m sure he thinks it constantly.
Here are the reasons in the last two weeks why it has taken me so long to leave the house:
1. I am the milk cow for an adorable one-month old and she said “I’M HUNGRY” but it sounded like “WAAAHHHH!” just as I was headed to the car.
2. The van side doors froze and I had to load all of the kids, including the baby in car seat, through the front passenger door (true story).
3. Dirty diaper… again.
4. I’m answering your text that says, “Where are you???”
5. The boys were “helping” me with my sewing machine instead of listening to me tell them to get in the car and poked the sewing needle through their finger as I was walking out the door (yet another true story).
6. Snow boots, hats, gloves, winter coats… oh the joys of leaving in the winter.
7. I forgot my wallet, made it up the street and figured out I didn’t have my phone, closed the garage, and forgot whatever it was I needed for the purpose of leaving the house (man, I wish this one wasn’t true all. the. time.)
8. Three kiddos five and under… ’nuff said.
© 2011, FROM MILITARY TO MOM. All rights reserved.